About The Doctor
Robert S. Carnevale D.M.D.New London Location
New London, CT 06320
Westerly, RI 02891
Norwich, CT 06360
Dr. Robert Carnevale and Dr. Ross Sanfilippo present the 2015-16 New England Dental Forum Lecture Series:
September 2, 2015
Hygiene Decentralization: A New Dimension to Soft Tissue Management
April 6, 2016
The Emerging Role of the Dental Hygienist in Dental Implant Restoration and Maintenance
Call 860-443-1114 for more information.
Dr. Robert Carnevale is a board-certified periodontist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease. Since 1987, he and his staff have been caring for patients in southeastern Connecticut and Westerly, Rhode Island.
Dr. Carnevale is a regenerative periodontist. His practice focuses on re-establishing dental and corresponding systemic health, and the link between systemic and periodontal health.
Dr. Carnevale has trained and worked with the some of the world's leading periodontists. His research on bone grafting continues to set the precedent for regenerative bone grafting techniques used today. His research has won the American Academy of Periodontology's Clinical Research Award and the R. Earl Robinson Periodontal Regeneration Award.
Dr. Carnevale is a diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and a fellow of both the Pierre Fauchard Academy and the International College of Dentists.
Dr. Carnevale was voted best periodontist by Connecticut Magazine from 2008-2015.
Dr. Carnevale's major publications include the following:
- 1987 – present Periodontist, Private Practice – New London, CT and Westerly, RI
- 2005 – present Periodontist, Private Practice – Norwich, CT
- 1985 – 1987 General Dentist, Private Practice – Baltimore, MD
- 1982 – 1985 General Dentist, United States Navy Dental Corps – Memphis, TN
- BS, Rutgers College (1978) with Highest Honors
- DMD, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine (1982)
- Certification in Periodontics, University of Maryland College of Dental Surgery (1987)
- American College of Somatologic Surgeons Award for excellence in oral surgery, endodontics and periodontics
- American Academy of Periodontology Clinical Research Award
- American Academy of Periodontology R. Earl Robinson Periodontal Regeneration Award
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Connecticut State Dental Society
- New England Dental Forum
- New London County Dental Society (President 1999-2000)
- Northeast Society of Periodontics
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society
- International College of Dentists (former Connecticut Regent)
- Pierre Fauchard Academy